Carving a pumpkin this season? Don’t throw out all those incredibly healthy seeds as they are nutritious and delicious!
Pumpkin seeds are chock full of minerals to include magnesium, manganese, copper and zinc and rich in phytosterols and antioxidants as well as omega 3 essential fatty acids.
These nutrients are associated with numerous health benefits to include: anti-inflammatory, cardiovascular, improved sleep, liver support, alleviating post menopausal symptoms, anti-diabetic, gastrointestinal and prostate health.
Here is an easy recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds:
- Rinse the seeds and soak in water for several hours
- Pat dry and lay them on a cookie sheet to dry for at least 24 hours
- Drizzle avocado oil on the cookie sheet and Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Roast at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until golden brown – DO NOT burn!
- Add additional seasoning of your choice for different flavors!