Deviled eggs are so 1970’s to me, but here is a new twist on an old recipe! I adapted this recipe from several that are floating around on the internet. Enjoy!
- 12 hard boiled eggs (click for the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg!)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt (Omit if dairy free)
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro (plus garnish)
- 1/2 tsp of ground red cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion
Cut the hard boiled eggs in half (lengthwise) and scoop out the yolks. Using a blender or food processor, blend about 8 of the yolks (use the remaining yolks for another recipe) for 30 seconds until smooth. Add the flesh of the avocados and remaining ingredients and continue to blend for another minute on low speed. Scoop the mixture into the well of the hard boiled egg whites and garnish with additional cilantro and green onions. For fancy looking eggs, use a cake decorating bag instead of spoon. Enjoy!
*Image from Simply Recipes